Kingblind.com Music news that you can use
• Sparta drummer Tony Hajjar was injured early this week during daily intramurals with tourmates Incubus. Since Hajjar is unable to play for at least a week, Sparta prepared to drop itself from the remaining dates; however Incubus drummer Jose Pasillas and bassist Ben Kenney have helped out. The tour ends next Wednesday at the L.A. Forum.
• The documentary Wise Old Little Boy, a portrait of The Microphones’ Phil Elverum and Little Wings’ Kyle Field, will be available on DVD on October 26th. Included in the film are live performances, backyard practices, and conversations designed to create an intimate look at the musicians and their audience. About an hour of extra material is included in the DVD release. Trailers are available right here.
• Q and Not U is back on the road. The group’s third full-length album, Power, will be out this October, but in the meantime, you can catch them on the road with El Guapo and The Apes throughout the fall.
• ZZZZ, made up from members of Sweep the Leg Johnny, Tekulvi, Spanakorzo, and Swing Kids, has signed with Polyvinyl Records. A split 7-inch with an as-yet unknown band will be out this fall, followed by a full-length produced by the Paper Chase’s John Congleton in spring 2005.
• Hot Snakes is preparing for an October 5th release for its latest offering, Audit in Progress, available on, of course, CD and (less obviously) red vinyl LP. Audit in Progress marks the first recordings with new drummer Mario Rubalcaba, who’s worked with Rocket From the Crypt, Black Heart Procession, Clikitat Ikatowi, Sea of Tombs, and others. A warm-up tour for the album kicks off September 30th, and the group doesn’t plan to get off the road until the end of summer ’05.
(news from D.O.A)